The Chickendad Chronicles

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MrsChickendad, Sep 13, 2011.

1. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    The Chickendad Chronicles
    [​IMG] 2011 The Chickendad Chronicles

The Little Cochins

It was quieter around the Chickendad’s place these days. Ever since the visit from the predators, many of the sopranos and tenors had been eliminated from the chicken choir. Walter’s bass voice was silent, but it was because he didn’t feel much like singing yet. He has two big holes in his backside where he escaped being a complete lunch for the last predator, so he is in the Hospital Ward. It was mostly up to the Little Cochin Boys to take up the slack, so they spent a lot of time on their “Cock-a-doodle-doos”. Some of the Very Little Cochin Boys went “Cock a doo—ackkkkk”, but that just added to the charm of the choir.

The Little Cochins were also learning about life in the flock. Mrs. Chickendad had put almost all the Mille Fleur Cochins in a big pen together. There were lots of Little Girls, and they took lessons from the Older Little Girls. Run from the Rooster was a favorite game, as was Broody in the Box and Snuggle on the Roost. In this last game, two Little Girls would settle on the roost near the open end. A third Little Girl would then hop up and try to snuggle against the second girl. This would push her over onto the first girl and she would fall off the roost. Then the First Little Girl would hop up and snuggle against the now second girl until the girl on the end fell off. Here is what it looked like when Sparky, the Frizzle Mille Fleur Cochin decided to join the girls’ game. Let the games begin!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Justuschicks

Justuschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Keswick, Virginia
    Oh I just love Cochins. Glad for the continuation!

3. RanchoDelPolloLoco

RanchoDelPolloLoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Awww hope they are doing ok! Very cute picture [​IMG] My Silkie was attacked through the edge of our coop yesterday by a neighbors dog, think she is gonna make it... and my neighbor is gonna get it! [​IMG]

4. Savannah Poultry

Savannah Poultry The Source

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    Yay! Love the new thread! I miss barbara but it's great to still be able to hear your great stories! [​IMG] Thanks Mrs. Chickendad!

5. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    A charming start to a whole new string of adventures! [​IMG]

You are so brave, Mrs Chickendad!!!! [​IMG]

Thank you! xxx

6. ChickenScratchin

ChickenScratchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Colorado
    Thanks for continuing. [​IMG]

7. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Off to a great new beginning. Blessings! Blessings! Blessings! Mrs. Chickendad - you are truly a remarkable, talented, beautiful person!!!

If anyone has the entire "Adventures of Barbara" saved in a document - can you please email me????

8. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    OH THANKYOU!!! I have been so missing your wisdom and wit! Poor walter, how is leroy?? i look forward to getting to know the family!

9. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Quote:i have it as pdf, if anyone wants it let me know

10. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Yay, there's a continuation!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by