Songster
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Lennon, Michigan
The Chickendad Chronicles
00a9.png
2011 The Chickendad Chronicles

The Little Cochins

It was quieter around the Chickendad’s place these days. Ever since the visit from the predators, many of the sopranos and tenors had been eliminated from the chicken choir. Walter’s bass voice was silent, but it was because he didn’t feel much like singing yet. He has two big holes in his backside where he escaped being a complete lunch for the last predator, so he is in the Hospital Ward. It was mostly up to the Little Cochin Boys to take up the slack, so they spent a lot of time on their “Cock-a-doodle-doos”. Some of the Very Little Cochin Boys went “Cock a doo—ackkkkk”, but that just added to the charm of the choir.

The Little Cochins were also learning about life in the flock. Mrs. Chickendad had put almost all the Mille Fleur Cochins in a big pen together. There were lots of Little Girls, and they took lessons from the Older Little Girls. Run from the Rooster was a favorite game, as was Broody in the Box and Snuggle on the Roost. In this last game, two Little Girls would settle on the roost near the open end. A third Little Girl would then hop up and try to snuggle against the second girl. This would push her over onto the first girl and she would fall off the roost. Then the First Little Girl would hop up and snuggle against the now second girl until the girl on the end fell off. Here is what it looked like when Sparky, the Frizzle Mille Fleur Cochin decided to join the girls’ game. Let the games begin!

12082_3_mf_roost.jpg

Last edited:
Awww hope they are doing ok! Very cute picture
smile.png
My Silkie was attacked through the edge of our coop yesterday by a neighbors dog, think she is gonna make it... and my neighbor is gonna get it!
somad.gif

Off to a great new beginning. Blessings! Blessings! Blessings! Mrs. Chickendad - you are truly a remarkable, talented, beautiful person!!!

If anyone has the entire "Adventures of Barbara" saved in a document - can you please email me????

OH THANKYOU!!! I have been so missing your wisdom and wit! Poor walter, how is leroy?? i look forward to getting to know the family!

Back
Top Bottom