1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The chickens and ducks have Thanksgiving,,

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Nov 28, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The turkey carcass never made it into stock,, I was walking across the yard with it in a bag and the girls and boys just talked me right out of it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SheeReno

SheeReno Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great pics! I'm regretting not buying a duck or two when the feed store had them a few months ago...

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    My goodness chickens............... [​IMG]

4. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    HA! That's what happened at my house too! I threw the carcass to the girls, and they went wild!

The best part was that I have 2 broody hens with 10 chicks in with the laying flock. It was hilarious watching those little peeps crawl all over the turkey.

I also threw big chunks of meat and skin into the duckpen. Seeing my fat muscovies chase each other around at a quick waddle.... I laughed till I cried! [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Great use of the carcass and I'm certain it was picked entirely CLEAN.

6. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Haha nice [​IMG] sometimes it is hard to believe chickens like meat so much.. :O

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Hmmm when you throw the carcass to the birds warn the family! My son came running in this morning carrying a hip and piece of spine from the carcass, he thought they ate one of themselves and that was all that was left!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:hahahahahaha poor boy. My crew left over carcass, steak, veggies, spaghetti. LOL

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My roos are such good boys,, they picked meat off for the ladies and kept very little for themselves,, the older roos that is, the younger ones snagged and ran lol!

10. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh, dear. I feel evil because that made me laugh out loud! How old is he? Was he traumatized for a few minutes?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by