1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The chickens are here the chickens are here....update pics!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MNmommy, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    in my best Paul Revere voice!!!!!

I got the call and I get to pick up my lil' boys/girls....but hoping there are more girls
    I am getting s/r bantams from urch/turnland. It is about an hour from me and I can get them at 2pm. I will be there at 1:59! I could barely sleep last night with all these questions running thru my head and checking the brooder every 5 minutes to make sure the temps are consistent. I will post pics as soon as they are settled in. I think that last time I was this excited was when I was expecting my daughter's birth!!! Is that crazy or what???

here's a few, I didn't take pics of all of them by themselves yet. A couple I am not sure what they are?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    I told my DH yesterday, that it will be like Christmas Eve for me. He nodded his head knowingly... [​IMG] 19 days and counting.. [​IMG]

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Nothing more exciting than that first batch of babies! I couldn't sleep the night before mine came last year. Congratulations!

4. MNmommy

MNmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    central MN
    updated with pics above

also they just hatched last night so he said no food or water till tomorrow....does that sound right?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:Get them started on food & water now!!!! [​IMG] No need to wait!

6. chicklips

chicklips Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Johns, MI
    Very cute!! Mine are coming tues and I can barely wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by