The chickens don't like it, but...

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
...all this fresh snow sure is pretty (once the hours of shoveling have been done
lol.png
)

Freaking cold though: -20C this morning (-4F) plus humidity!

P1010817.jpg

P1010807.jpg

P1010810.jpg

P1010815.jpg

VERY beautiful. Wish we'd get a "little snow" here this year. Maybe just 6" or so. Anything more than a few inches and the entire area is "locked down" for days. We have no snow moving equipment, salt trucks, nothing down here.

Now you can KEEP that -4F cold up your way. It was 27F here this AM and thats plenty cold enough thank you

Last night with the windchill it was -14F
th.gif

Needless to say, the chickens REALLY don't like it.

I must be a chicken
lol.png

Apparently more snow fell on Monday than this place normally gets in a whole winter - lordy!!

Quote:
th.gif
We're gearing up for a few days of what we consider bitter cold... highs in the 30s and lows in the low 20s. I would probably die if I lived where you are. The pics are gorgeous though!

The cold I can deal with - you just either stay inside or wear 3 layers of winter gear
lol.png

It's the flock that's having a hard time, breaks my heart to see them cold and miserable like that.

The frozen water dishes are the WORST!

The views there are breathtaking! It's simply beautiful!!

My views aren't near as nice, but you inspired me to take some pics of the snow, LOL!

Quote:
oh just an old crappy digital something-or-other, not sure as it's DH's backup camera... my Nikon D40x has been in the shop for weeks
hit.gif

In such instances you have to sharpen up the images with photoshop!

Back
Top Bottom