1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

The chickens have taken over!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rockabilly7, Feb 20, 2009.

1. rockabilly7

rockabilly7 Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    Florida panhandle
    So i started out with 2 hens then I got a rooster then 2 more hens. Last saturday as a gift I received 5 new chicks. Which was a little much you know not enough room. Well last night I went completely out of my mind and drove an hour and a half to pick up a much wanted silkie hen. When I got there the sweetest little old lady said I could only take her if I took her 6 chicks too!!!! Of course I agreed I mean I couldn't tell that sweet lady NO. So I finally get to see the hen and ITS NOT EVEN A SILKIE!!!!!!Its a cochin mix who is evil with six barnyard chicks. So now I have 17 chickens!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what im going to do.....someone please tell me it will be okay. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Songster

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Well, you'll just need to build a coop---- big enough for the 17 you've got..... But make it big enough for more than that "just in case"-- never know what will happen in the future-- you'd better be safe than sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by