The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
STORY TIME!
Rory was the first to leave the coop this morning, followed by Clara the busy body. She wanted to fly to the calf hutch, but Rory was in her way! What's a girl to do?!

JUMP ON HIS BACK, THAT'S WHAT!
:lau
She did. She hopped right up on his back and HUNG ON. He squawked and hopped and flapped and raced through the snow to the hutch. . . Where Clara slid off as graceful as a Duchess after a hunt.
This picture was taken just prior to the leap. I sadly missed getting it on camera. :hit
View attachment 1600953
That is awesome. Video of that would be priceless.

Victoria was outside!
But, I don't think she went willingly. They tend to flail around in panic when I open the door, and I think she fell.
20181128_073305.jpg

She found the ladder back in, and I don't think she will venture out again any time soon!
20181128_073609.jpg

can't really blame her, at least she did not meet cold snow on the way down!they are becoming adorable...er if that is even possible
Victoria is the prettiest, she has a lot of gold, and looks like she is wearing a lace shawl!
20181129_201924.jpg
In the month of November-- first month I have kept track beginning to end-- I got 215 eggs!
That comes out to approximately 24 eggs per bird! Not bad, considering half of my flock is dual purpose, and the one old lady! I know at least Clara and Missy (the two most distinctive eggs) are each coming in with 28 and 29 eggs, respectively, and I am sure Susan is only laying about 3 a week, but still, very happy with my girls! Got me some good layers!
20181128_123715.jpg

20181128_123720.jpg
20181128_123723.jpg

I placed my order for some spring chicks. :smack
Bad Dona!

2 silver kaced polish, and a black copper marans.
I am waiting for them to add the rest of the polish and some blue laced red Wyandottes, which should be mid January. I chose a mid April date, so hopefully I can add on the other chicks I want for the same order.
The polish and maran will be for Nardole, the blrws to add to my collection lol.

no,no,no,no,no good person, you need more babies!
I mean, can't you just IMAGINE this:
20181118_191247.jpg

Crossed over THIS?!
Screenshot_20181118-184254_Chrome.jpg

Heaven.

And now that I know baby polish look like TINY FUNKY DINOSAURS I want some in every color, but ESPECIALLY
Screenshot_20181128-154648_Chrome.jpg

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.
And I want the bcm just for those dark eggs. Blue, green, brown, white, chocolate, tan-- just need an olive egger and my set is complete!

Back
Top Bottom