The chickies are here! (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Morgaine, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I got the call from the post office this morning at 7:30. OMG, they are so much cuter than I thought they would be! I ended up staying with the brown layer collection from MMH because they didn't have all the ones available that I wanted. Ok, on to the pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here are our duckies, which are growing fast!

[​IMG]

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Congrats on the beautiful babies!!!!! The ducks are adorable as well!!!!!!!!!!!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    So cute! They are so sweet when they are brand new! I love all the fuzzy little butts! I can't wait until I can get somemore![​IMG] Have fun with them. They grow quick![​IMG]

4. Morgaine

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks. I've been checking for pasty butt, but so far only had two that needed a little cleaning. I jsut hope that I don't keep checking the same ones! I love watching them run around and then stop dead and just go on like nothing happened. Now I just need some names!

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    How sweet! Great pictures - I think I have the same plates as you do! [​IMG]

6. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    i love pics of new chicks.they are just to cute.

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    What cuties! Take pics as they grow! It seems like they grow daily! Love the duckies too!

8. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:I started by looking up baby names. I took words like 'strong' and seached to see what names came up. I have 6 day old chicks and so far I have..Nemo(chick with broken wing), Petie, Sadie, Rose, Noodle and I'm still looking for the 6th name. [​IMG]

9. meant2bemommie

meant2bemommie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    California
    They are adorable! How many did you get? How fun!!!!

10. Morgaine

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks everyone. We had a blast after dinner just watching them. Better than TV!

I have 26, I think. At least that's what I ordered(25 from the brown egg layer collection and 1 mystery chick). I've tried counting them, but always come up with a different number, lol. All made it here alive and this morning all are still here and looking good.

A great place for baby name is www.behindthename.com
    They have more names than you thought possible. We have a few names already. Dh named the mystery chick Top Hat. It's a polish one I think. And I have 5 little red head ones that I'm naming after famous red heads. We have a Lucy, Clara Bow, Maureen, Pippi, and Ginny. One of the little black ones is Branwen. we don't have names for any of the others

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by