The chicklets are here!!!! Pic heavy!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Moxiechick, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Wooo Hooo! [​IMG]
    I was worried this morning when the post office hadn't called around 6 am like I thought they would, but at at around 10:30 I got the call! My order from MPC had arrived! We ordered 8 chicks. 1 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Plymouth Barred Rock, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Silver-laced Wyandotte, 1 Columbian Wyandotte, and 2 Easter Eggers. [​IMG]
    We think we know which ones are which, but there are a couple we're pondering about. All are happily eating, drinking, running around and occaisionally sleeping, (at least until they get dive bombed by one of their sisters!)

Here they are-

Group Photo!
    [​IMG]

Black Australorp
    [​IMG]

Speckled Sussex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plymouth Barred Rock (she didn't want to hold still!)
    [​IMG]

Silver Laced Wyandotte?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Columbian Wyandotte and Buff Orpington (In that order?) The one on the right was sleepy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger (aka "Sassafras")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the other Easter Egger.. we think! (I think it is, DP not so sure, she thinks the one I've labled as a SLW is the EE) The cheeks aren't as Poofy as on the other EE, but I love the coloring!
    [​IMG]
    I'm a little concerned about her, as she seems to have a little unabsorbed yolk. It appears dry, and doesn't seem to bother her at all. She's doing just as well as the others.. eating, drinking, playing. Is this something normal or should I be concerned? What, if anything, do I need to do? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Moxiechick

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Had to share this one!
    [​IMG]

3. skya328

skya328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Congratulations! Your babies are adorable! [​IMG] I'm expecting 12 bantams from Ideal tomorrow or Thursday.

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

so precious! I'm okay now, I've had my cutie-fix for the day so I can now concentrate on getting something done! thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

5. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Did you see my pics? Got my chicks today from MPC and we have a few hatchmates there I see [​IMG].. Your chickies are very cute! One of my easter eggers is similar to yours:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  6. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Ya'll are killin' me; I want babies so badly, I've been looking to see what Ideal has available....

7. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Quote:Just last week I got Golden Campine, Dominique, D'Uccle, and White Crested Black Polish from them. I picked them up myself, and they've all been doing great.

8. Moxiechick

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    How cute! [​IMG]
    The eyedropper in the background almost makes it look like your chick has a huge comb! Keep posting pics.. it will be fun to see how the hatchmates grow and turn out. [​IMG]

9. xxleandraxx

xxleandraxx Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    They are soooooo cute x

10. KatieV

KatieV Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    So CUTE!! I got my babies from MPC today as well - I was up at six expecting the call and they didn't call until 10:30..hehe! Enjoy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by