1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

The Chicks Adventure's Outside!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mattdog1995, Jul 24, 2010.

1. mattdog1995

mattdog1995 In the Brooder

Jul 1, 2010
    Elizabeth City, NC
    First of all it has been about ninety to one hundred degrees here for the past month! Gosh! So i have been having to wait till about seven at night to let my 3 week olds outside in their little pen. There are 16 of them and they have a coop and run for when they get older but i got a small cage thing from a friend just so they can have little adventures outside. When i put them in there they took off to the water! Thats how hot it is! But after that i put them into the shade so that it wouldnt be so hot for them, they liked that. [​IMG] They have now realized that they can fly a little so now they are taking little flights around the cage. It is so funny to watch![​IMG] Later on they found a cricket in the cage, at first they were like "What in the world is this thing?" But when it started to hop around they took off after it! They would chase it but when they got kinda close they would back up like they were scared, i guess they just wanted to chase it not eat it. [​IMG] Anyways i hope im not boring you, i cant wait till they are big though! Ahh!

Happy Chickening! [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress 9 Years

Chicks and chickens are so much fun! Their little antics are so adorable! [​IMG] Nope, not boring us here!!! [​IMG]

3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    [​IMG] No way is that boring! I remember when my girls were little like that and were first exploring. They are too funny to watch at that age arent they?! Enjoy those babies and take pics and post them!!! [​IMG]

4. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Songster

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    I remember when mine were like that, they were so amusing, the last order i got they would folow us around the yard, it was so funny.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: