The Chicks are here!

MillersFarm

Easily distracted by Chickens
5 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Lewiston NY
Long story short Me and my mother went online to just 'Look' at some heritage breeds and next thing you know 60 chicks are coming in the mail! :wee Just got a phone call so we're off to get the chickies now~! :ya Fingers cross all will be healthy :fl I'll be posting pics as soon as I get them all settled in their brooding pen but for now i'll list all the things I should be getting

6 BBS Andalusians
6 Buff Orpingtons
6 Road Island Reds
6 Silver laced wyandottes
6 Easter Eggers
6 Barred plymouth Rocks
6 Australorps
6 Autra whites
6 Welsummers
3 Buff Bramhas
And
3 Black Copper Marans

Of to the post office~

Oh my, you do have your hands full of fluff! Bet you are doing a lot of smiling. My hubby has discovered that there may be a down side to subscribing to Backyard Chickens...and it is a big one. Those cute pictures that everyone is posting make me want every single one. I would have no problem with ordering 60 and can see more pens are definitely in order around this place. Please post pics soon so we can all smile with you.

eeek so excited for you! I love getting the call from the post office notifying of the delivery. Opening the box to see if all arrived safely causes apprehension. The last shipment I had a friend open the box. They were prodominently Silkies and I was so nervous they wouldn't do well during the shipping. All made it safely. Hope all of yours are healthy and happy! Looking forward to seeing pics of the little chirps.

omg... that is a bunch of baby nuggets.. :fl I hope the best for ya..:)
Show pics of the BBS Andalusians:wee

I honestly have no idea how long I sat out in my barn in the brooding pen with them. They're all Sooo adorable! It was so hard for me to leave them and come inside~ Unfortunately though only two Andalusians came and so we got some extra barred rocks and australorps.. I mean i would mind if we had gotten extra marans but all well :D I'll post some pics first thing in the morning when i go out to feed everyone~

How exciting! :jumpy

I'd love to see pictures of 60 little chicks, that would be cuteness overload.

Have fun!
62 actually! Again. I don't mind the extras :lol: I could honestly watch them all day if I had the time!

Oh my, you do have your hands full of fluff! Bet you are doing a lot of smiling. My hubby has discovered that there may be a down side to subscribing to Backyard Chickens...and it is a big one. Those cute pictures that everyone is posting make me want every single one. I would have no problem with ordering 60 and can see more pens are definitely in order around this place. Please post pics soon so we can all smile with you.
Sure is a lot of fluff! One of the workers at the post office couldn't get over the chicks~ She asked if she could look at them and she thought it was so cool that they weren't all yellow like you'd normally see.

eeek so excited for you! I love getting the call from the post office notifying of the delivery. Opening the box to see if all arrived safely causes apprehension. The last shipment I had a friend open the box. They were prodominently Silkies and I was so nervous they wouldn't do well during the shipping. All made it safely. Hope all of yours are healthy and happy! Looking forward to seeing pics of the little chirps.
All of the chicks are in Tip-top shape except for one which has some splayed legs which I made a splint for. She already seems to be standing more. Now all I have to do is pray that all of them are hens! I'll be ok with one or maybe two cockerels..

Back
Top Bottom