The chicks are in their coop & I'm freaking out!!! *PICS*

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
Oh my! My DH has worked so hard all day long to get to coop done so I could get my chicks (5 weeks old now) moved out and now I am a nervous wreck! :eek: The chicks have their heat lamp and I am fairly certain nothing can get them. We have built the coop pretty tight. I'm still nervous though! How has everyone else copped with this? I am have a terrible time.
sad.png

By the way, here's some pics of my babies in their new home!

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

Dont feel bad! I was a nervous wreck too! It was cold and I thought they might freeze. Mine were 7 weeks old. I asked my husband 10 times if he was sure nothing could get in. He knew I was worried about the heat so he added a space heater. Then he put the temp sensor off of the house in the coop so I could tell the temp from inside!~Then I took the display to bed with me and slept like an hour or so at a time! I went out to check the door twice in the middle of the night! That went on for the first few nights! They have been out there 2 weeks now and I sleep better but I still watch the temp all the time! I have read on here where some use baby monitors! I have one but my hubby says NO!! So now you know your normal, or at least as "normal" as the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
smile.png

It is really hard leaving them the first night. You'll feel much better in the morning when you go out and see that they're fine. Those are some pretty nice-looking digs they've got there, tell your DH "good job!" And that pic with your daughter and the chicks all lined up in front of her is precious!
smile.png

If you know your coop is closed up tight then I bet your babies will be a-ok. Don't worry, we were freaking out too, and to this day nothing's EVER gotten in. Love that last pic when they're all in a little row!

We put ours out yesterday and they love it!!! I do too! They have much more room to run and jump. I was a little nervous going out this morning, but they all were fine and happy. Your pics are too cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom