1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Chickwagon

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by thechickwagon, Mar 2, 2009.

1. thechickwagon

thechickwagon New Egg

Mar 2, 2009
    Socorro, NM
    I live in New Mexico and have built a new backyard urban chicken coop that I would like to share. I co-designed this with Tom D from Pollo Real and a larger model has been used on his farm for 6 years. I hope people will look at my page I created under the chickwagon. I look forward to feedback. I can be contacted at [email protected]. Thanks Frances:)

2. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    can you give some more info? It's hard to see detail with the covers on. Please explain how well it is predator proof.

Thanks,
    Orchidchick

3. thechickwagon

thechickwagon New Egg

Mar 2, 2009
    Socorro, NM
    I tried to put as many photos as I thought would be helpful on my 3 pages. The coop is covered with chicken wire all the way around and the door has a chain latch on it which can be secured even more with a elastic cord. There is 4 inches of wire that is folded under the coop to the inside to discourage digging into the coop. Because the frame and wire are all metal, a predator can't chew, dig, or fight their way in. I will be happy to send you more photos if you would like. Please send me your email address at [email protected].
    I am located in Socorro, NM. Thanks for looking at the Chickwagon

4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    what are the materials used?

is that chickem wire or hardware cloth?
    is it held together with wire, pvc or wood?

what kind of tarps are they?

design looks interesting I like how the inside looks!

Joanne

5. thechickwagon

thechickwagon New Egg

Mar 2, 2009
    Socorro, NM
    It is made of 3/8"rebar welded together, chicken wire and the bottom of the nesting box is 1/2" hardware cloth. The top is 24 mil polywoven material. Don't know how to attach photo's or I would show you. Frances
    The Chickwagon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by