The Christmas Coyote (Who received a 243 Caliber 100 grain Christmas greeting) *graphic pics

I believe you're right about that. It sure looks pitiful and miserable. Winter in that condition is no picnic.
Yes...pitiful! That is the perfect word to describe her. I'm glad the shot was 125 yards, she didn't see it coming, didn't know she was being hunted, and it was a super fast death.

Last edited:
This week would have killed this coyote in a very harsh slow way since she was sick and had very little fur to keep her warm. Good thing my husband put her out of her misery last week!!!

My driveway yesterday:

Tonight's forcast:

He did do her a favor. I do not want any animal to suffer, chickens, dogs or wild predators. And she was suffering already.
Totally agree!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
. I love animals, and no critter should have to suffer, no matter where they are on the food chain!

Last edited:
First, that is a terrific shot by your husband (and quick thinking for both your daughter and your husband). It would not have occurred to me to wait patiently to see if she came back, I would have put the gun away and missed the opportunity!

Second, that coyote looked bad. We see some pretty ragged coyotes around here, but nothing that bad. I agree with everyone else who said in this case, it was probably a kindness for her to meet a quick and painless death.

I keep meaning to tell you that your thread title "The Christmas Coyote" sounds like a children's book title, LOL.
lau.gif
......I asked my husband to come up with a catchy title because my titles are usually boring..... I told him what you wrote and he had a good laugh! Thank you, and you are right, I didn't see it before, but it really does sound like a kid's story!
lau.gif

First, that is a terrific shot by your husband (and quick thinking for both your daughter and your husband). It would not have occurred to me to wait patiently to see if she came back, I would have put the gun away and missed the opportunity!

Second, that coyote looked bad. We see some pretty ragged coyotes around here, but nothing that bad. I agree with everyone else who said in this case, it was probably a kindness for her to meet a quick and painless death.
Thank you! I couldn't agree more, it was a painless humane kind death.

About the shot~ I am so impressed that he stood there and made animal distress noises and got it to come back into view so he could make that fabulous shot. Both of our daughters hunt, so I pointed out that what dad did is the difference between an amazing hunter and an average hunter. The girls and I all agreed that we would have put the rifle down and said "darn, it's gone" and never would have gotten it to come back. We would have missed the opportunity too.

And of course, I am so glad my daughter speaks up when she see's animals outside!

This year when I was hunting, I almost missed getting a shot at my buck because it heard me raise my rifle (coat made noise) It was starting to walk off and was getting ready to run, but I remembered my husband will make a noise to get a deer to stop and look, which is just long enough to take a shot. I made a little whistle sound, it stopped and I got my shot, and harvested that buck which put needed meat in the freezer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom