The Circle of Life

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Jan 23, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Many of you know my best friends hubby will soon pass into the realm of the Lord. Their son and DIL had a baby two days ago. Jonathan James. He was 6 lbs 4 ounces, such a tiny little guy!!!

I had my final visit with Randy on Friday. He can't put together a sentence to make sense. In my need to balance things out in my heart, I took a meal over to the new parents today. That family is sooo happy with lil JJ, and he appeared so small to me as my own child was 7 lbs 6 ounces!

I guess my point is, when you are down about things, pick yer butt up and do something nice for someone else. It really does help balance things.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I just pray that Randy passes and soon.

Time will help to heal wounds, but this seemingly forever lingering can be the death or mental illness of the spouse that remains.

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:I agree Debi, and You are always doing for others.

Has anyone told you lately that there are a LOT of us on here that think you are wonderful? [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:It's because she IS wonderful.

5. debilorrah

You guys give me too much credit. A person does what is the right thing to do. Period. It is not to celebrated. Our Lord has done much more for us than I have ever done for a person.

Mahonri, it is a given he will pass soon, and that is where my heart breaks. He clearly held on TIGHT to see the birth of that child. He cannot speak clear sentences anymore, and that makes me sad. He is a believer, so we all know he will be in right and good place soon, but his leaving soon causes us all sadness.

6. debilorrah

Quote:I agree Debi, and You are always doing for others.

Has anyone told you lately that there are a LOT of us on here that think you are wonderful? [​IMG]

Thank you!!! [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Debi, I have no words of wisdom, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. It is a hard thing. [​IMG] to you.

Has your friend's husband seen the baby yet?

8. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    That really is the circle of life!
    They are blessed with one as one passes over!
    My only regret in life will be if I never meet you in person! [​IMG]
    You truly are a great friend!

9. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Debi,
    I have a story to tell you, well actually 2 stories. My Middle Uncle , Raymond (his nickname was Okie) had Lung Cancer, it mestatized in his brain, he found out in 1996. My Grandmother (his mother) had a stroke in 1991 and was diabetic and was getting worse. She has lost my Uncle Donnie when he was a kid and never got past it ( I did not say over it I said Past It) . Anyway, Okie lost his eyesight and was far worse than he let on. My Grandmother passed away Dec 26, 1997 , My Uncle Okie passed away Jan 18 1997. I know as does most who knew him, that he held on, willed himself to stay until my Grandmother was gone, as he knew she could not deal with losing another child.

Second Story:
    My Oldest Uncle Ronald was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in 1999 , My Great Uncle Burl was diganosed with Cancer the same year about the same time (Sept) 2 weeks before Ronald passed away, my Aunt called me, she wanted me to come down to visit him, they kept telling him it was ok to go, he kept insisting he was waiting for someone, I spent a great deal of my childhood with my Aunt and Uncle, they were like second parents, my aunt thought he might be waiting to see me. I spent a week there and came back home. 3 days after I was back Ronald passed away, 5 minutes after my Uncle Burl passed away, it became clear he was waiting on Burl.

Do I believe that terminally ill people can will themselves to do things, absolutely, but I also think that a Higher Power is also involved. I am certain of this in my Uncle Okies case, my Aunt Littie told me he said to her early december that God had told him it was time (this was when my grandmother was getting really bad) he said he told God he would go willingly, but could it please be after his Mama.

Shortly after each of these people passed away, new life came in to play. In my Uncle Ronald's case, I found out I was pregnant with Evan, and I do believe that Evan is up there with his Great Uncles, Great Grandmother and they are taking care of him.

10. debilorrah

Quote:Yes, he was able to see him the day he was born. Which gave him a big smile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by