the cluckinshire palace

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by woodtrucker, Nov 30, 2012.

1. woodtrucker

woodtrucker Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    Hello BYC'rs, Just started working on my shed/coop conversion.
    My neighbor is selling me an 8x8 shed, 3 pcs of 3/4" plywood, lots of building materials and I was thinking of turning the garden shed into a coop/garden shed combo. Here is a start on my design. Would love some comments. As you can see, I've got two pop doors on each side of the shed. not sure yet whether I'll develop two separate garden areas on each side of shed to rotate or just build a large run on the outside of the shed on one side or the other so I just put both pop doors in for now. I'll be adding three windows to the shed design and milk crate nest boxes. An access on the rear of shed will allow me use a dust broom and push shavings and future fertilizer [​IMG] right out the back into the compost bins. A coop door will be about midway in the shed and it will have an outer door as well that has window/ventilation but don't have those drawn in yet of course. I hope to house not more than 8 hens someday after I break in the 4 buffs in the chicken tractor that I just got going on tuesday. I welcome comments on design so fire away!
    I'm hoooked and I haven't even gotten an egg yet! Hoping the girls are settling in and give me an egg or two soon. They have been home for 4 days now.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x9/blueviewrecords_2007/clucknshire.gif

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by