The Cochin Coop - Bantam Cochins

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by thecochincoop, Jan 30, 2011.

1. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

A thought for all you cochin people out there thinking about what to order for 2011 [​IMG] [​IMG] I am trying to decide what I want to focus on this season as far as quantity of what to produce. I have birds to produce the following combinations of colors

Mottled

Blue Mottled

Splash Mottled

(all three mottled colors would be combined in eggs since I only have 1 splash hen and black mottled roos)

Mille Fleur Project

Blue Mille Fleur Project

Red Columbian Project

Blue Red Columbian Project

Splash Red Columbian Project

Possible Blue Laced Red Project

these will all be in bantams and I will be selling mainly eggs this year but should have a few started birds to sell
    if you would like to get a certain color feel free to post it here and if you would like to get on my waiting list please shoot me an email and I'll add you
    Thank you [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I would like to get some Splash eggs. Will you have just plain Splash?

3. thecochincoop

the splash would be in the blue/black/splash mottled eggs I don't have any splash pairs to breed sorry

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Would I hatch any Splash at all from those eggs?

5. thecochincoop

if you happen to get eggs from the blue x splash mating they would be 50% splash but I will probably just be selling them as bbs eggs. not sure if I will know who is laying which eggs in the mottled pen. I will probably be dividing them off in bbs and red (varations of also) pens. the males and females will be separate but the hens of like colors will be together. the eggs will be chosen for mates since I can control which matings take place

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by