The Cochin Shack (update 8:24 East Coast) PICTURES

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, May 8, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It isn't finished yet. I am going to paint it white with green trim. It should be done by this weekend. I just started it yesterday and hope to have it finished Sunday. I hope to get my coop yard covered with Aviary netting, but don't know. I want to spend less than $50 on it. It's a little over 4'x3' and 54" high at the peak.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Okay guys, don't laugh... [​IMG] I know it looks bad. The building is an OLLLLLD dog house and we are in the middle of replacing the roof. We are using black shingles .

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Nothing to lough about, it is looking real good to me. [​IMG]

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It'll look better once I get the paint on it. I have the paint, for main and trim, just have to have light. Hopefully it won't rain this weekend [​IMG] Mom should install shingles tomorrow. We have black vinyl stuff since we didn't see any tar paper for cheap. The vinyl was a CL find for free

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    LOOKING GOOD.

I would probably have put down some linoleum but that's just me.

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:There is vinyl, just not past the little board piece [​IMG] Vinyl makes it OOBER easier to clean [​IMG]

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Oh forgot to add, if you check the page on it i have (personal page) then you can see all expenses

8. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

I put lanoleum in mine as well just as a little added protection against moisture and any fluids that may be floating around inside the coop! I bought the cheapest tiles I could and for my 4 x 8 coop, I think I spent $14 on flooring.

9. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Looks good! [​IMG] Be sure to post pics of when you get it finished!

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Well, I love the weathered patina that older wood takes on. It looks pretty sturdy, and should do a fine job. I am a big fan of 'green' projects. Recycle, reuse, renew! Good job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by