the coolest thing just happened to me today.

Little_Bigfoot

Songster
9 Years
Feb 1, 2011
Washington
so i had hatched out a batch of coturnix quail and had too many males so i put up an ad on craigslist to sell a few roo's at three bucks a pop, after a few days i got a call and a couple near me wanted them so i said that they could just have them because they were taking up cage space, when we met up the "buyer" asked me if i had other quail, i explained to him about my valleys, butler bobs, gambels, blue scales, and he told me that if i wanted he had some mexican speckled bobwhites laying like crazy and i could have the adults or eggs, so i opted for eggs so that i will have time to build a cage, long story short i just traded coturnix for mexican speckled JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
And in a short period of time, I am sure you will be ready to make the same trade with some of your fellow BYCers. Right?

Quote:
Pay'in it forward.... It works, and it comes home... I truly believe it does. Not only did you get the warm and fuzzys from a good deed done. You ended up with some cool birds, and I would bet some new friends in the long run.... Bill

Quote:
Pay'in it forward.... It works, and it comes home... I truly believe it does. Not only did you get the warm and fuzzys from a good deed done. You ended up with some cool birds, and I would bet some new friends in the long run.... Bill

congrats Little_Bigfoot!

Male anything for anything is a good trade.

always nice to meet people with the same way of thinking,

yup, paying it forward, we "gave" away 10 EE chickie chicks to an older gentlemen this weekend, double amputee, but I felt the chicks will have a great home and now, he asked what he owed me, I said "just asking was enough".

I think BigJim and I will be roasting pig parts together one day. and I have more friends and places to build pens and coops.

yeah i will have no problem sharing the wealth later on lol and for any one in the olympia wa area i still have coturnix trios for free

and now if some one could just sell me one of those ultra rare hen hatching bators i will be set, i guess they were all out when i bought mine so they gave me the roo model .
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom