The coop began today... PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Zahboo, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I deleted all the rambling. Yeah, it was a rough start. I borrowed my cousin's camera and got some pictures. You have to promise not to laugh. I know it looks horrible. It really does. I am not good at building coops, but I think it's worth the blood, sweat and tears (all except physical tears have occured thus far) But, anyway. I have pictures now! I will post them in a reply.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Um. I think you need a hot bath, a stiff drink and a trip to the hardware store! We started ours in February 2008 and it was a tough slog - working in the cold is dreadful. Ditch those flip-flops, you're going to hurt your feet! At the very least you need orange plaid steel-toed duckies.

Heh.

You'll have fun when it's done!

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Leah I agree with Lynne,

A hot bath and a nice drink and some food will set you up.

I know how you feel, it can be such hard work when everything goes the wrong way I know.

Just think of when it is finished.

Chin up. [​IMG]

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Okay. I ate lunch, and learned that breaks every hour or so help a lot. LOL. Also, I snagged some help. Some of my FFA buddies rode by on four wheelers. It's amazing what help you get with a Coca Cola in hand. [​IMG] Who said bribery is bad! Sigh. 2 Wall SEGMENTS are framed. I am building in segments.

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Progress, my name is LEAH!

So, after getting out of my irritable mood, and having inspiration from my FFA buddies, the coop is almost completly framed. YOU CAN'T LAUGH. This was built completely by teens! Bear with us!!!!!!!

The coop was supposed to be 8x8, but there were not enough 8' peices, only one or two, so I made it 8x7. This makes a porch that is as big as the coop! I can't wait to chill with the chooks!

The pictures are of the coop, which some of the wood is hard to see, but it's there, the stack of unused material, full of rusty nails (ouch), and the chainlink yard being used for the chooks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My handy dandy tool!
    [​IMG]

6. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    can't wait to see it finished. looks good so far. [​IMG]

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Good start so far [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Hey it looks good so far..there is a door and the beginnings of a coop. well done!

9. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    You go girl!!! It looks good![​IMG]

10. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    You are doing a great job. [​IMG] I can't even build a bird house by myself. /good thing for me my husband like to build stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by