We have started extending the coop. We have spent $17 and shouldn't have to get anything else except for tin.... We are adding on about an 8x8 area to our 8x8 coop. Progress will be slow because of the heat. The slope is more drastic than the existing slope for a reason, I thought it'd look cool. We may or maynot repaint the coop, depending on different situations. We will be doing a garden and a walk way. Before we had a hinged piece that provided another open side and shade. We removed it since it would be in the way now. We are keeping that door there to act as an entrance to the standard coop from the storage area. In the storage area is the breeder pens. Our helpers aren't enjoying helping Then I started digging a hole And another hole And then put poles in the holes and secured them together to form the wall. (Not a complete wall, but a wall) We hope to finish the roof today, but depending on weather it may or may not happen. I hate to bump my own thread, but I just wanted to add this update Got the roof almost done. We didn't have enough money for the tin this paycheck, so that will come later. We were going to go for a dramatic slope, but after considering less slope = more shade, we tried to match it to the existing coop. The tin will have to be fixed, but for now it's okay. It's just shy of 8x8. Willow approves of the new shade There is a lot of cleanup left to do, and a lot of work to still be done, but we are hot. In the coop it is about 94. Thats with fans going Still need to get plywood cut for the back and side, take down wire on the south side and put up the chainlink panels that are more secure. Update for today. Started the fencing. The fence was free, though not sturdy. It should do well enough to start though. We still haven't finished the front. Taking a while Just finished it. Just need to do clean up, mow the grass and when we get more money, put tin on it and we still have to get the roosts. Besides that, heres the coop. The inhabitants, 4 standards.