The coop got a big boost from some elves...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by whatnow?, Apr 25, 2008.

1. whatnow?

whatnow? Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2008
    SE PA
    The coop has been slow going between the weather, modifying the plan mid construction, and indecision. I was very excited to get a big boost from my very supportive family who primed and put the first coat of red paint on the coop. [​IMG] What a difference paint makes for anything made out of reused lumber! Hopefully, the rain will stay away this weekend. The chicks are pretty big at 7 weeks (or is it 8... I'm losing track.)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=7490-Coop_Page

If it rains, I'm spending the day inside stealing Nifty's feeder plan...[​IMG] My take on the idea is to make it weather tight and put it on the outside of the coop, poking through the wall.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

The coop is coming along nicely.... and your chicks are waiting soooo patiently! I do like that red paint against the clean white. Really is a neat coop. [​IMG]

Carla

3. talos321

talos321 Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks so nice! Love it. [​IMG]

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks very nice, and you did a great job. Did you build it or did your DH help you with it? [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I love the use of the plexiglass in the gables. Very unique.

Paint looks great and makes a big diference. I love those babies sitting there watching.

6. whatnow?

Mar 17, 2008
    SE PA
    It looks very nice, and you did a great job. Did you build it or did your DH help you with it? [​IMG]

[​IMG] Well, uhhh.... I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I AM the DH!
    (I'm off to double check my use of acronyms.)

Thanks for all of the supportive comments. There is still sooooo much to do... the roost, dropping pit, cleanout flap/door at floor level, ramp, run, feeder, pop hole door... back to work. It's not raining today and I think I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to a day off. [​IMG]

7. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry whatnow! I never know on here. Can't really tell who's what if you know what I mean.

8. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    whatnow? :

Well, uhhh.... I'm trying not to read too much into this, but I AM the DH!
    (I'm off to double check my use of acronyms.)

I thought you were DH, but on the page you referenced I saw this "My DH and DD surprised me by painting the coop, so it looks much better" and got all confused...

(Unless you've got the alternative lifestyle going - NTTAWWT)​

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Very intersting and great-looking coop. I can't wait to see it finished!

10. whatnow?

Mar 17, 2008
    SE PA
    Quote:I thought you were DH, but on the page you referenced I saw this "My DH and DD surprised me by painting the coop, so it looks much better" and got all confused...

(Unless you've got the alternative lifestyle going - NTTAWWT)

That typo is mine! I figured there was a bad reference somewhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by