The coop ideas section

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by bantyshanty, Jul 21, 2010.

1. bantyshanty

bantyshanty Oval Office Courier

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    I've been looking over the coop submissions for a year now to get ideas for our perfect walk-in coop, which we haven't built yet.
    When I look at the details of someone's pictures, I think 'Is this one suited for my climate?", and I look at the surrounding trees,
    terrain & sky to guess where they live.
    Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have the submitters list their state? I think it would make it easier to get ideas.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yup, it would definitely be helpful for each member to state where they live or at least the climate!

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I think that would be an excellent idea! That way folks can get a better idea of who can tolerate/benefit from an open air type coop, and who needs a more solid housing...

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I third that idea! Or fourth... or fifth, which ever number post I am! Err made. Whatever. GREAT IDEA.

5. rebecky1305

rebecky1305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Lansing, MI
    I agree. Having the state listed would help tremendously. You don't have to list your city, just your state. Would be a great help when looking to see if someones ideas would work for you.

6. Bloomie

Bloomie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2010
    Rural Nevada
    I dont see any harm in listing ones state, even if they do ya still have to take yer own climate conditions into consideration. [​IMG]
    We took an idea off BYC that was submitted from a member in a much warmer climate than ours. It used part of a shed row for the horses.
    We tweaked it to work for our colder climate and will probably tweak it some more before its peeeerfect-o [​IMG]

Theres sure alot of creative folks on BYC. I enjoy browsin' around the yard. [​IMG]

7. Trunkster

Trunkster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    As a newbi, the more information one can post on their coop, climate, predetors, state/province would be extremely helpfull and a whole lot more interesting for all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by