The coop ideas section

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by bantyshanty, Jul 21, 2010.

1. bantyshanty

bantyshanty Oval Office Courier

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    I've been looking over the coop submissions for a year now to get ideas for our perfect walk-in coop, which we haven't built yet.
    When I look at the details of someone's pictures, I think 'Is this one suited for my climate?", and I look at the surrounding trees,
    terrain & sky to guess where they live.
    Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have the submitters list their state? I think it would make it easier to get ideas.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member 11 Years

Yup, it would definitely be helpful for each member to state where they live or at least the climate!

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I think that would be an excellent idea! That way folks can get a better idea of who can tolerate/benefit from an open air type coop, and who needs a more solid housing...

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I third that idea! Or fourth... or fifth, which ever number post I am! Err made. Whatever. GREAT IDEA.

5. rebecky1305

rebecky1305 Songster

Aug 19, 2009
    Lansing, MI
    I agree. Having the state listed would help tremendously. You don't have to list your city, just your state. Would be a great help when looking to see if someones ideas would work for you.

6. Bloomie

Bloomie Chirping

Feb 10, 2010
    Rural Nevada
    I dont see any harm in listing ones state, even if they do ya still have to take yer own climate conditions into consideration. [​IMG]
    We took an idea off BYC that was submitted from a member in a much warmer climate than ours. It used part of a shed row for the horses.
    We tweaked it to work for our colder climate and will probably tweak it some more before its peeeerfect-o [​IMG]

Theres sure alot of creative folks on BYC. I enjoy browsin' around the yard. [​IMG]

7. Trunkster

Trunkster In the Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    As a newbi, the more information one can post on their coop, climate, predetors, state/province would be extremely helpfull and a whole lot more interesting for all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: