The Coop is almost done! LOTS OF PICTURES new pics on page #2

ChickensInTheNorthWoods

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
North East CT
Finally, I have had a couple of days without rain!
wee.gif
I pre-fabricated the floor, the front wall, and the back wall in my garage during the past week. The floor is 16"OC and the walls are 24"OC. I found a nice reminate of vinyl flooring that looks like wood flooring that I glued down on the floor. Today my Father in Law came over and we set the floor on its blocks and set the 2 walls. I am really busy with work so I know it will be at least a week before I get a chance to work on it again.
barnie.gif

I will update with pictures as I advance in the construction.
30322_100_0885.jpg

30322_100_0886.jpg

30322_100_0887.jpg

30322_100_0888.jpg

Here are some new pics - I was able to finish the walls and put the roof on. The roof still needs some additional block supports. I am hoping to put the windows in and hang the main door and the pocket screen door tomorrow.
fl.gif

30322_100_0898.jpg

30322_100_0902.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! What size...8x10? Alright....chicks gonna think they got hardwood floors!!!
smile.png

If it's going to be a while before your able to work on it again you might want to slide some roof joists across the walls and drape some plastic or a tarp over them just to help keep it dry a bit.

Best wishes,
Ed

Yes - its 8x10 the front wall is 8' the back wall is 6' and the roof is going to be 12' so I will have a nice front overhang that I can make into an "A frame" covering for the run. I did exactly what you suggested and the entire thing is protected with a heavy duty tarp.

Thanks - Ya it is currently covered with a heavy duty tarp - My DW was surprised with the floor - I think it will be a lot nicer to clean, my current coop has a brushed cement floor.

Looks great! I will definitely have to check the vinyl remnants for my coop. That's perfect how you put it down and then attached your framed walls. No way for anything to get in under the vinyl.
Your chickens are very lucky!
smile.png

Quote:
Yes - although most of the time my chickens are lucky enough to free range. I like having a secured run to use during bad weather or when nobody is home. The run is currently an old 10'X10' dog kennel. I am planning of extending it so I can split it down the middle. There is an active coop on the other side so it needs to be bigger - you know what they say, happy chickens lay more eggs!

Back
Top Bottom