The Coop is Done!!! (mostly, gutters go up tomorrow)

Here is the final product. The gutter on the back needs to be added, husband is doing that tomorrow, but otherwise what we are calling the chicken Taj Mahal is done. Paint is done (as of 6:51pm tonight), run is done, run is covered, predator skirt is installed, automatic door opening (ChickenGaurd) installed, flashing on roof complete, nesting box in, poop board installed with roost and blackjack application.

When I was finishing painting today the door was open and the wind caught it, swung it all the way open, so a little white paint got on it, I'll tough that up tomorrow.
The sun had set and it was getting dark fast when I took these pictures so they are not the best, but you get the idea.

I've been really enjoying this coop, it is a little overkill in size, but it is really nice to move around, and there is absolutely no smell, which is amazing.

Looking to pick up some ridiculous thrift store art to hang in the coop.

Now they just got to start laying eggs. I haven't had chickens for 12 years, and this is the first for my kids, so lots of fun. One of our Black Australorps turned out to be a Rooster, we've been calling him Charles I, still deciding if we are keeping him, or if he is going to be dinner.
About to put walls n roof on my new coop...curious what size overhang you have there...and any details on gutters too.

Looks like 12-18" which is good, but make sure it goes all the way around.
This roof doesn't look like there's an overhang in the back.
The weather comes out us the strongest facing the door, so the overhang is 16" in the front and sides. Because of the cost of wood this summer :he and wanting to utalize the plywood as much as possible we have a shorter overhang in the back + gutter, I'll have to go look in the morning as I can't find the notepad with the plans on it, but I think it is 8" or slighty less. I know my husband was grumbling a little as there was an inch lost because of the angle of the roof he hadn't originally calculated for.

Back
Top Bottom