The coop is nearly done!! Pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Agilityscots, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    The coop is painted and almost finished; we need to secure some of the hardware, snip off nail tips on the inside and add one more layer of hardware cloth. My DH has never built anything like this, and I think he did a fantastic job. I think my girls will be so happy! They should be out there in the next day or two...

The front:

[​IMG]

Back/side:
    [​IMG]

Amy

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Amy that came out great!! See ya'll didn't need those danged ol' plans after all!!

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Looks great

4. littlelemon

littlelemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2007
    Ohio
    That is the cutest coop! It looks great!! I have friends that live in Galloway-I actually used to live in Grove City [​IMG]
    Kudos to your DH!

5. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Thanks, everyone! I am so proud of my DH. We designed it together, and I helped with some of the construction, but he did the vast majority of the work. And I think he's proud, too. It's interesting...when we first began, he wanted the coop behind our large shed, because he "didn't want to stare at chickens all day." Suddenly, he wants the coop front and center, easily visible from all the windows on the back side of the house. His exact words this morning when we positioned it were, "It looks pretty good here, but I need to check the view from the house to make sure we can see it properly." HA!!! [​IMG]

Amy

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Very pretty, Amy. Kudos to the hubby and you.

7. greginshasta

greginshasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    Mount Shasta, CA
    Nice job. What are the dimensions? Have any interior photos? How many will it house?

8. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    That looks fantastic! Well-done!

9. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I love it! [​IMG]

10. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007