YAY! My awesome son, daughters and husband worked their butts off today getting the coop to the point where we could put the 4 week pullets into it! Today, my husband, with a lot of help from the kids, put up walls, installed old doublepane windows that had no frames (and managed to get them to open if they are propped) built a people door with a chicken door in it and installed vinyl floor! I worked on getting things as needed ("Busy Beaver - 4 more 4x6! Make it five!") We absolutely had to get them out of the big plastic box on the kitchen table. There was no room at all left for the poor things. We have some old but nice wooden siding that will be going on, and it will then be painted brick red with white trim. The structure is level - the wall is not! It doesn't quite look that way in the pictures. The 'chickens go out' side - but they can't go out just yet as the run is not ready for them. We have the materials, but haven't had the time. I'm going to take the dirt out of the run and replace it with sand. The chicks inside! We will put insulation in, and then either showerboard or vinyl panels in for easy cleaning. We decided to leave the light on for their first night as we did when they were in the box, just so they can find their food & water in their unfamiliar new feeder & waterer and also in the strange new space they inhabit, and know their way around a bit. Tomorrow, lights out! Here's a picture of some of them on their roost. There are two roosts; one high, and one is a wooden CD rack laying flat (which you can see a bit of in the picture above). It has rows of dowel rod that are just the right height for the little ones if its laying flat. These pullets were put up on the big roost before we went out because we were stepping on them underfoot in the narrow 4 foot space. All that room and they have to huddle on my feet! They seemed to like it on top of the world!