The Coop of all coops

toyzbox

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Crestview, Fl
tongue.png
Well maybe it's not that great but we're pretty proud of it. DH really out did himself. Right down to the door with blinds built right in. I'm not sure if the pictures will post but...here goes nothin'.

21887_hpim0697a.jpg

21887_hpim0696b.jpg

21887_hpim0698.jpg

21887_hpim0699.jpg

21887_hpim0700.jpg

21887_hpim0701.jpg

That's a wonderful chook house - your hubby did a great job. Congrats to you both! I love the paint colors.

One thing to think about - rats, mice, snakes, etc. getting underneath it and possibly coming up through the floor or just bedding down under there. You can bury hardware cloth that is stapled to the building down into the ground to stop that from happening.

Have fun with your chickens.

You got it Chirpy...we are "almost" done I guess.

Getting the door was so funny. DH and friend went to Lowes to find a cheap door and this one was a return from a custom job. Got it for a song.
Everyone tells us we will have the snobbiest chickens in town.
lol.png
lau.gif

Beautiful coop!
So nicely finished insdie. Love the colors... and setting the coop in the trees is a good idea. The only caveat may be the top roost. If it's too close to the wall, sometimes the hens will manage to fertilize the wall
hmm.png
if you know what I mean. You may want to move them at least 15" out.

How many chickens will you be keeping? Those nest boxes look so shiny and bright! It must be so pleasant to have such a handy husband.
smile.png
Will you attach a run?

Thanks for the photos.

Carla

Back
Top Bottom