The Coop Scoop

bkilarski

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
Hello Chicken Keepers! My name is Barbara Kilarski. I wrote a little book called "Keep Chickens!" (Storey Books 2003) because, like you, I truly enjoy my urban hens. Right now, I'm doing an article for Chickens! Magazine about chicken coops in America. I wanted to take just a moment to properly say "hey" cuz I'll be contacting some of you for permission to use your coop photo in this piece. I've looked at each and every coop posted on this awesome website (thanks RL!) and had to narrow it down to less than a dozen. Someday, I think it would be really cool to do a book just on American urban chicken coops, so the rest of you will hear from me later.

In the meantime, I'd like to give a sincere and gracious THANK YOU to all the chicken keepers who bought and recommended my book--I felt joy while writing it, and so much more when I hear others sharing the Power of Fowl with me.

Take care, nice to meet you!
Barbara

welcome-byc.gif

I love it -- "The Power of Fowl." I want that on a T-shirt, maybe with the word "Beware" in front of it.
big_smile.png
wink.png

I've read your book and I think it's great. Thanks for joining BYC, and I hope you'll stay awhile.

Thanks my fellow fowl friends for the friendly welcome. This is one of the best backyard/garden chicken sites, isn't it...but I guess you already know that, being here long before me...oh well, better late than never...

Hi Barbara! Your book was the first one I bought for my chicken library! I actually had another in my hands and started talking to another chick lover at the Wilco and she told me I should get your book instead. I did exactly as she said and I believe she was right! Two months later I discovered this forum and then a month after that, my girls arrived. You've come to the right place for coop ideas! I'd be pretty lost without this place in all aspects of the chicks.

Hi Barbara, your book is the first one I bought when I decided to keep chickens. Even though I'm in a suburban environment your book was a big help to a newbie. I used the nest box design in building mine. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom