The countdown begins

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bilbothebanty, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bilbothebanty

bilbothebanty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Just started my eggs today. They are light Sussex and I am so excited I hope everything gos well. I have seven in the incubater and seven under a hen, I hope they all hatch.

2. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    are they shipped eggs? is this your 1st hatch? good luck! i'm excited for you!! my eggs are on day 10, so we're not too far apart from each other.

3. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Yes they are shipped eggs and this is my fist time hatching so I am nevus and excited. Yesterday I added the eggs that the Brody hen was supposed to be siting on to the incubator because she was not sitting on them. I hope they are still ok and hatch.

4. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Day Ten
    Yesterday I candled my eggs for the fist time and 8 out of 13 are definitely fertile two are not fertile and 3 are a maybe. I am so excited I have never candled eggs before and it was so cool. I even saw the embryo moving in some of them. I couldn't be happier.[​IMG]

5. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Five days left and i definitely have 11 fertile eggs [​IMG] I am so happy I can not wait.

6. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Hatch day and i already have one hatched. [​IMG]It hatched this morning around 8:00. Three more are pipped and wiggling. I am having some trouble keeping the humidity up, if any one has advise on that it would be nice. Also how long do you have to leave the chicks in the incubator?

7. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Here are some pictures of some of the babies

The fist chick, we named it Edison
    [​IMG]

Two of the chick mostly dry and in there box, front to back: Alva and Edison
    [​IMG]

8. kjt135

kjt135 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Small town KY
    Congrats I got about 7 more days before I get to see mine. Can't wait. Very cute chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by