The countdown begins!

michellers

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Ordered two Blue Swedish ducklings from McMurray Hatchery last night. Should be here next week!

I need to figure out my water situation yet. I couldn't find the mulch ring for that idea I saw on another thread. I have a few days to get it all worked out, but this is where I am at now. Have a thermometer so I can see if I need to lower the light yet.

Storey's Guide is highlighted, threads on here have been printed, etc. Anxious, anxious!

good luck!! have fun!
pop.gif
waiting is so hard for me.

I know! Considering they are coming from Iowa, I wonder if they will be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's hard to imagine those little guys and girls surviving the trip through the mail, but it sounds like hatcheries have been doing it for quite some time with a lot of success. Hope my two girls make it through okay!

I know! Considering they are coming from Iowa, I wonder if they will be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's hard to imagine those little guys and girls surviving the trip through the mail, but it sounds like hatcheries have been doing it for quite some time with a lot of success. Hope my two girls make it through okay!
Aww looking forward to seeing pics.. here is a waterer i found the other day looking through the achives.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/52173/less-mess-duckling-water/10 another one https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/426909/non-spill-duckling-waterer/10

Last edited:
Setup my laptop's webcam to stream video online so I can watch my ducklings when I am not home on my work computer and on my phone. I love technology!

Also glad I have Spring Break starting the middle of next week, so I get some time with my little girls before I am at work (planning on coming home at lunch here and there too).

Is it Wednesday yet? Are my two girls here yet? I think this is the first weekend I actually want to go quick!

Good Luck with the coming ducklings! Sounds like they are going to a good home! I ordered ducklings from McMurray also for a April 1st shipping date. I can't wait! .....but luckily picked up 3 ducklings the last couple weeks from a feed store to play with and that's helping with the wait.

Setup my laptop's webcam to stream video online so I can watch my ducklings when I am not home on my work computer and on my phone. I love technology!

Also glad I have Spring Break starting the middle of next week, so I get some time with my little girls before I am at work (planning on coming home at lunch here and there too).

Is it Wednesday yet? Are my two girls here yet? I think this is the first weekend I actually want to go quick!
I know seems like when waiting time just drags by. Looking forward to seeing your lil fuzz butts.

Back
Top Bottom