The crazy day around our funky farm :D

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ducklove334, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I took these pics two days ago...LMAO

who has this many cats?, seriously [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"are you all done with this?? no? TOO BAD!"
    [​IMG]

SQUEEEEEEE lil Donte' [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dust bathing...to get...clean?? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and finally some pics of our "packing peanuts" the turkens!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    That's not too many cats-- you definitely aren't "cat lady" yet. And a turken?! what the heck is that? Looks like he ate one of the cats [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    We had up to 12 cats when i was little, farmcats. Little Donte is sooo cute , what breed is he?

4. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I hope I never become a "cat lady" [​IMG] that'd be a lil odd...now a cat "MAN" I'd deal with [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turkens...atleast mine, are aspiring lil ducks [​IMG] they were crashing the ducks pool party today [​IMG]

5. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I'm hoping someone can tell me that, we think he's either a OEG bantam or a seabright he's one of the chicks we got this fall, they were a mixture of bantams, the turkens were the warmth extras. Donte' is the only bantam to have survived the cold snap when they were about 4 weeks old, he's always been my favorite

6. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:we have 11 outdoor/farm cats as well as 4 indoor cats who wouldn't know what to do with the outdoors even if it bit them in the butts [​IMG]

we used to have..14?? outdoor cats, but we think a coyote or fox made dinner out of two of them, and a couple died from old age.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    1 cat would make you a cat lady for me.

Fun farm pics. Great looking birds.

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I'm hoping someone can tell me that, we think he's either a OEG bantam or a seabright he's one of the chicks we got this fall, they were a mixture of bantams, the turkens were the warmth extras. Donte' is the only bantam to have survived the cold snap when they were about 4 weeks old, he's always been my favorite

Except for his color, he's the spitting image of my Golden Sebright, Pico de Gallo. Donte is a very nice Silver Sebright. And I sure hope he's not as mean as Pico! [​IMG]

9. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    so he's a sebright?? cool [​IMG]

we've been wondering since he was a baby.

he's not mean, but he;s a little scardey cat! not nearly as cuddly as the naked necks [​IMG]

in a few naked neck pics you can see our sebright roo, I can't remember what color he's called, but I always thought Donte' looked like him alot, now I know, the only thing is, I think donte' has feathered feets.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Oops, my bad, I thought we were talking about the Sebright! I don't know about Donte after all, sorry about that. I got all excited about the Sebright!

I guess I get my exercise by jumping to conclusions! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by