The Dangerous Refuge~An Animal RP

PoesAccomplice

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2016
Above the Rest
THIS RP IS NOW OPEN!

Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

Story:[/B ]The year is 2018, and a large mass of hunters have attacked the red fox population in America. The fashion market is booming with fox furs, and the hunters have responded with a mass murder of the poor foxes. The National Park Association has sectioned a small part of Pennsylvania for a fox refuge. This part includes the counties of: Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Forest, Venango, and Warren. This is equal to District 1 on the map. The government has even imported Arctic foxes, in addition to the red ones present

Their intention is for the fox population to bloom once again, as it is now in ruins, totaling a mere 57. But the foxes have a problem. Illegal hunters sneak their way into the refuge and poach them, and wolves have declared war on the smaller canines who have entered their territory. Not only that, but what if the foxes' young die? This is an experiment with little to no expected success. What will really happen?

Landmarks:
Erie county is full of lakes and marsh. It is for the most part empty, sort of a no man's land. But wouldn't a no man's land make a good place to build a home?
Crawford County is extremely mountainous, and houses the Arctic foxes, who prefer to stay in the mountains, but also the Seva wolf pack, which calls the mountains their home as well. Some deer wander into the mountain, but prey is normally snowshoe rabbits and elk.
Mercer County is a replica of Crawford County, for the most part, except that the bottom half is populated by humans.
Venango is by far the most dangerous county for animals. Hunters LOVE hunting here, as the forest present isn't too dense, and the bottom three fourth of the county is populated, making it hard for the red foxes and bobcats living here. The wolves don't have a strong presence in this county, but the few that have one are part of the Thir wolf pack.
The Forest county is where the most animals live, except for the elk and Arctic foxes, who live in the mountain. Most of the Thir wolf pack roam here, haunting the poor foxes present.
The Warren County is the dream county, fought over by all animals. There is a large lake in the middle of it, which lush grass and plump game.
The Serpent River runs through all of the counties in a serpentine manner.

List of animals that can be played:

Humans: Humans can either be armed with rifles and trying to kill the poor foxes, aka foxes, or be benign and help the foxes and possibly even hunt the wolves.

Wolves: There are two wolf packs, one named Thir, which lives in the forest, and Seva, which lives in the mountains. Seva is made out of black wolves, while Thir consists of brown and grey wolves.

Foxes: Arctic foxes are all white during most of the year and tend to live in the mountains, while the red foxes are an orange and live in the forest. The smallest of the canines, and live in dens. Quick and smart. Usually live solitary or with their mate.

Bobcats:I hope you know what these are. Live in the forest and swamp counties, stay away from mountains. Live in dens like foxes, about the same size as them, a bit larger.

Elk:Similar to deer, but larger and stronger. Some large males stay by themselves, but most stay in herds. The males are aggressive, while the females are more submissive. Wolves are their predators.

More to come!

Form to join:
Name:
Rank(for wolves):
Personality:
Description:
History:
Mate/crush:
Children:
Other:

Last edited:
(Might join, but there are a few flaws. One, arctic foxes are only white in completely white environments, so a white arctic fox in a mountain environment is impossible, they would become brown, and elk are not solitary animals. They are in herds.)

(Al
(Might join, but there are a few flaws. One, arctic foxes are only white in completely white environments, so a white arctic fox in a mountain environment is impossible, they would become brown, and elk are not solitary animals. They are in herds.)
(Alright, thanks. It isn't complete yet. The elk thing isn't completely wrong. The males are usually alone, but I am fixing this. It should be complete by tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

Might join, maybe if you added a peaceful colony of platipi (that aren't hunted, but will do favors for any species in return for food and wood), and a lake for them to live in (hint hint
wink.png
)
(Why would a semi-aquatic mammal ask for food from a land mammal? They eat things they gather from the water. At least, usually they do. They wouldn't really have any use for something from another animal unless they had boat loads of small fish, which only a predator would have, and predators would kill a platypus....I'm being a butt right now, aren't I? XD)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom