The dating woes of second and third graders. :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by luvmychicknkids, Nov 21, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    This is just cute enough I had to share. [​IMG] With three boys I knew that eventually there could be some competetion over girls, especially with my two youngest, as they are only a year apart. I kinda pictured high school years. Well, all three of my boys are adorable and well liked and have quite a following of little girls who have crushes on them, which I think is pretty sweet. Recently, when I picked them up from school my youngest looked a bit down. I asked why. He said "let me show you this note, Mom". It was written in little girl handwriting. It said, "Malachi, I don't like you. I am in love with your brother in the third grade" and she signed her name. Abraham, the third grader in question, rolled his eyes and said "Oh Mom, she is just a little kid!!!!!" I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing!!! And this is only the beginning!

2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh I am SO there with you - flip side of course.

My third grader has a terrible crush on a Casanova in her class who is going to be quite the ladykiller in high school. Who am I kidding he's causing problems NOW!! [​IMG]

But, my first grader is stil crushing on the little boy from her kindergarden class. She informed me the other day that they were getting married. So I calmly asked her if they could wait at least until they could each clearly write their own names on their marriage certificate. She rolled her eyes at me and informed me very haughtily that she could already write her full name and she wouldn't marry Nate if he wasn't as smart as she was! [​IMG] I was so happy! You go girl.

But then I asked her if she was going to change her last name to his and it turned out she didn't know what it was..... Might be a good idea to know that one y'know? [​IMG]

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I think you don't need to know your intended's last name if you get married in Vegas. Isn't there a country song that says that? ...sings... "I don't even know his last name..."

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh I am SO there with you - flip side of course.

My third grader has a terrible crush on a Casanova in her class who is going to be quite the ladykiller in high school. Who am I kidding he's causing problems NOW!! [​IMG]

But, my first grader is stil crushing on the little boy from her kindergarden class. She informed me the other day that they were getting married. So I calmly asked her if they could wait at least until they could each clearly write their own names on their marriage certificate. She rolled her eyes at me and informed me very haughtily that she could already write her full name and she wouldn't marry Nate if he wasn't as smart as she was! [​IMG] I was so happy! You go girl.

But then I asked her if she was going to change her last name to his and it turned out she didn't know what it was..... Might be a good idea to know that one y'know? [​IMG]

ROFL.......oh my!!! That is too cute!!! Way to go on demanding an intelligent man!!! [​IMG]

Every time I start freaking out that they are growing up too fast these days I remind myself of Jason in my Kindergarten class. We had to move to a different school and I cried over him for weeks. I just KNEW I would never love anyone else!!! LOL The more things change the more they stay the same. [​IMG]

5. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

7. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Too funny!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

8. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

awe............ poor little guy.

reminds me of my little guy who in the 1st grade had this HUGE crush on this little girl. For Christmas he bought her this plastic ring with a butterfly on it (I didnt know he did this - but his sister did) and he asked me for my "velvet ring box". I gave it to him thinking he was putting something he made me for Christmas in it. So the next day comes and goes - I pick him up from school and he has the LONGEST face I've ever seen. He doesnt want to talk about anything at all, just goes in his room and shuts the door. I ask his sister whats wrong and she tells me he gave this little girl this ring and she said (politely) "No thank you"... [​IMG] and handed it back to him.

my heart broke right there on the spot...

9. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

That is great! [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Oh.....poor little guy!!!! [​IMG] That would have just broke my heart, too. Thankfully, with mine I could tell he wasn't THAT upset over this one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by