The Day Has Finally Come!!! My 1st EE egg-Yipee!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by walkerkm, Nov 16, 2009.

1. walkerkm

walkerkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Ma
    My 24 week old EE has layed her very 1st egg!

I can't explain the excitement that i felt as i peered into the nesting box and saw the beautiful green/blue egg.

The small things in life are the best! thank you fellow BYC'rs for all of your helpful information and coaching for this very special event! The wait was well worth it!!! thank you!

Okay, now my family and friends think i have really lost it...oh, well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the beautiful hen that made me soooo happy!
    [​IMG]

2. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] Congrats on the first EE egg!! Both the hen and the egg are beautiful!!

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] yeah I got 1 EE laying and 1 Amaracauna laying yesterday!!! congrats!! same color as yours-I keep my girls first eggs and make decorations out of them:)

4. CallyB57

CallyB57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    awwww - Your EE is so cute! I never in a million years thought my little EE hen (Prissy) would lay much of an egg, but she's the most consistent layer - every single day with maybe one or two days off each month. Her eggs are bigger than any of my other hens' eggs and they are the prettiest, soft turquoise color. You can hardly tell they are not white until you put one of her eggs right up to a white one, then you can see what a beautiful pastel color it is. She's the best..gentle, quiet, sweetest of all my birds - never pecked me once and will let me handle her so easily. Weird thing - she was always small and quiet and slept more than my other chicks, and she's still so laid back (she's almost 9 mos old now), and I just thought she was weak, but her egg shells are very strong and she's a very hardy little bird. I bet your little bird will give you many months of good productivity! [​IMG]

5. walkerkm

walkerkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Ma
    Quote:yes the 1st eggs from my ee's will become ornaments. Never thought i would be over the moon about an egg!

6. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Oh wow, you're the lucky one with color like that! [​IMG]

Though frankly, I'm enamored with my eggs, and they're just brown XD

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I was happy with my first white egg fart! All my chickens lay colored eggs-but 1-she layed for the first time last week-a cute button fart egg!

8. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] beautiful egg!!!! Congrats! And your hen is gorgeous. First eggs are so exciting!

9. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    OMG sooo perfect - I too would be screaming with joy!

CONGRATS!

now for the big question... who gets to eat it [​IMG]

10. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    BEAUTIFUL! Still waiting on mine...27 weeks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by