1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The day I go out ..........

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mother hen to many!, Dec 10, 2008.

1. mother hen to many!

mother hen to many! Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2008
    Claypool, In
    I have 9 girls and the day I go out and find 9 eggs is when I will do a backflip. And I havent done one of those in 20 years..lol. I can't wait. I was excited to find 4 eggs today! lol.. [​IMG]

2. Mesa

Mesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    New Mexico
    I know how you feel, I went out and found 5 eggs today! I only have 7 hens, and 2 arent laying just yet. Can you imagine, 7 eggs in 1 day! If that happens I may die from excitement LOL.

3. mother hen to many!

Nov 3, 2008
    Claypool, In
    They are in and out of the coop all day. I WANT MORE EGGS. I can't wait. I am excited and I know it wont happen for awhile still. My neighbor saw my chickens and said they look great. That made me feel so good. I am new at this. But it is fun. I was kinda mad at first. I didn't want them. But now I wouldn't let them go for anything. I love them!!! And their eggs are good! Here soon I will be a BAKING FREAK!!! lol

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We had a 4 egg day the other day and I thought I would pass out with joy. I haven't seen that many eggs since October.....

5. clayhill

clayhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Lee County, Arkansas
    [​IMG] I am soooo proud of my BRs! Yesterday for the first time-13 hens, 13 eggs! They are 6-7 months old and have slowly been increasing their laying, but this is the first time all have laid in one day (unless someone layed double, is that possible?).

6. mother hen to many!

Nov 3, 2008
    Claypool, In
    4 is the most I have seen ever. It made me wanna jump back into the 80s and break dance all the way back home...lol!

7. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I would do a back flip too if I went out to the coop and found 9 eggs!! hee hee hee... 'cause we only have 5 hens. [​IMG] The most we have found is 4 in one day, which is starting to become the norm right now. 3 to 4 is typical. Not too bad I think. They are starting to become more consistant in size too. *beams with pride* I love my chickies!!!

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

mother hen to many! :

I was kinda mad at first. I didn't want them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Tell us more about this! Obviously you have mended your evil ways but enquiring minds wanted to know...just how you were assimilated.... [​IMG]

9. mother hen to many!

Nov 3, 2008
    Claypool, In
    Well... My neighbors got divorced and they had the chickens and a goat. They both moved into trailor courts and couldn't take them with. So they ask DH to take them. HE said yes. I said No. I didn't know how to care for them and I believe if you can't care for an animal you shouldn't have it. Well.. He got me books and I found you all. Then I started liking them. Now I am hooked and love them. Soon We ended up building a coop and a run. And now I want babies! The goat is still with us and we wanna breed her too. We are starting a mini farm![​IMG]:weee [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Los Pollitos

Los Pollitos Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Y'alls posts are funny! We found our first egg back in early October and were so ecstatic! But it was bittersweet---while we were in the coop that very morning, we noticed some blood in some poops. Coccidiosis! We began treating them immediately and then of course had to wait about 10 days or so after treatment to start eating their eggs! We were so thankful that no one died during the outbreak though. Now we're getting 6 to 10 eggs a day from our 12 girls! We have about 3 dozen eggs in the fridge right now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by