The death is crushing me

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickengal505, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I'm sorry guys. But as some of you may know, I'm taking care of my basiclly invalid great aunt. I am totally exausted. So tired I fell asleep during a conversation with my grandmother. I can feel the death hanging in the air. It's just a bad oman. The atmosphere here is so incredibly thick I'm drowning in it. I just want to cry. I'm so used to being able to bring light and health to a room. But now I can't change the feel. So, so much death. I am so sorry to rant but I needed vent. Thanks.

2. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Oh I wouldn’t go as fare as to call this a rant, more like you just need someone to tell your feelings to. I’m sorry that things are hard right now all I can say is that I am sending good vibes your way [​IMG] and that I’m sure your old self that used to brighten up a room will soon return and all will be well once more [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG]

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    That is not a vent. That is an acknowledgement of the pain you are in.

Death is not a bad thing. Is she ready for it? Is she welcoming it?

I have had the honor to be present at quite a few deaths. Under the right conditions death is a beautiful moment of release and often relief. But, dealing with it, as the person going on the journey, and the family left behind, is a process.

Be in the place you are. Be open to the place she is.

Peace be with you.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I am sorry for your trouble. Perhaps it will help to look at things from Her perspective.

I hate to point this toward me but I will anyhow. Recently a person with my exact name and age died. What was really sad about this situation is He was buried in potters field and the obit. said there were no survivors. I can't help but think about how sad it must have been to die with strangers by his side.

When you consider all the people who pass on without a loved one by their side, it just breaks the heart. So dear friend find comfort in the fact that your aunt has someone like you to be there.

Glory in the Flower

What though the radiance which was once so bright
    Be now forever taken from my sight
    Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind,

What remains behind is whatever lesson good or bad that your aunt taught you.

Take care,

Rancher

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

8. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    [​IMG]

9. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    I am sorry for your pain. I hope she isn't suffering. [​IMG]

10. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

That is not a vent. That is an acknowledgement of the pain you are in.

Death is not a bad thing. Is she ready for it? Is she welcoming it?

I have had the honor to be present at quite a few deaths. Under the right conditions death is a beautiful moment of release and often relief. But, dealing with it, as the person going on the journey, and the family left behind, is a process.

Be in the place you are. Be open to the place she is.

Peace be with you.

This is a wonderful way to look at death. Of course it is so hard on the survivors, but think of her passing as a good thing, for her...my love goes out to you and your family. [​IMG]:hugs:hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by