The Doe is Back With New Fawns.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deerman, Sep 12, 2010.

1. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    this Doe was here last year in my yard, I got where i could walk within 6 ft of her two button fawn last year. Took lots of pics of them.

Well she back with two new fawns. Working on getting near them. Can be in the yard with them, and take pics. One fawn still has her spots, so far about 30 feet away, is how near I can get to the fawns. Have not spook them yet, they just walk away.

I had alot of fun last year with her fawn, one was even 3 feet from my front door. So here are the first pics of this year.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    These are some pics from last year. 2nd pic was taken from 6 feet away......3rd also but shows the buttons....you can see the flash in his eyes.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I love to watch the deer in our yard. Great pics!!

4. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    We don't allow hunting on our lands. Neither us nor our neighbors.

For the simple reason that watching the deer play is much more fun.
    Our outside dog doesn't let the deer bother him, pays no attention.
    My daughters inside dog, a little Jack Russell, loves to watch them through
    the window. Whines, barks her head off.

Love watching the deer. Keep salt blocks out for them.

5. hilareee

hilareee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    santa cruz, ca
    what beauties!

6. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Oh! I'm jealous! They're beautiful!!!

I want deer in my yard. My neighbors would eat them, I'm sure. [​IMG]

7. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    [​IMG]

This is our backyard. We have a large springfed pond and the deer like to drink and eat the barberries that grow on the edge.

8. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Nice....I get to see alot in my yard. I have a blast with trying to get so near these. These are wild deer, yet I can walk around the yard with them, during the day. Last year I could walk to within 6 feet of them.

9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    So cute! We live in a pretty wooded area so there's deer everywhere. One time we were driving down the road in broad daylight and there was this doe just standing by the side of the road (relatively busy for this area, maybe 10 cars a minute) staring at us! I rolled down the window and waved my arms as we went past, yelling "you're gonna get hit by a car!" and she just turned and ambled back into the woods. It was kind of surreal because at first I thought she was a dog or something...

10. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:Nice....I get to see alot in my yard. I have a blast with trying to get so near these. These are wild deer, yet I can walk around the yard with them, during the day. Last year I could walk to within 6 feet of them.

You haven't heard my ranting on other threads! [​IMG]

Deer got in my garden and DH had to go out and smack one doe on the rump of all things. Another got into my orchard and though I ran out of the house screaming and waving a broom, the doe quietly turned and placidly trotted away like an old plow horse, like "Fine! I'll leave those cherry trees alone ... for now!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by