• I'm "Desperately Seeking Dorkings!"

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

tgrlily

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
East Syracuse
If you raise Dorkings or would like to, this poll is for you!

I'm trying to compile a comprehensive database of Dorking breeders and which varieties they have. I'm also in the process of contacting breeders on the ALBC list (thanks Chickielady!!) and will be in contact with the SPPA as well. I've joined the Dorking Breeders Club and hope to make this a coordinated effort. With your help, we can bring one of the most ancient poultry breeds back from it's path to extinction.
smile.png

Welcome to the very beginning of The Dorking Preservation Project!

Please check all boxes that apply. Then post, PM or email me to be included the database. Any additional information would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

I goofed & can't edit the poll -- so if you offer local pick-up as well as any shipping option, check the "LOcal Pick-up only" box.

I also inadvertantly left bantam Dorkings out! If your Dorkings are bantam, please email or postLF or bantam so I can add the info to the census.

Last edited:
I just added to the poll.
I'm not offering eggs or chicks right now, but when they are finally fertile, I offer eggs (shipped or local pickup), chicks/started/adult birds (local pickup only). Silver Grey primarily, but I do have one red hen in the pen, so I expect to see a red from time to time.
smile.png
AK NPIP #1

Thanks Jen, Tonya & Tori!!!

Please post info or email me if you participate in the poll. The poll itself shows me how many people have what, but it's anonymous.

If you're looking for Dorkings, let me know! I'll see if I can find a breeder that can help you. Our eggs will be available in a month or 2. Tori gets the first batch! For this year, chicks are sold straight run & will be local pick-up only.

I said I'd be selling adults though I don't have any produced yet. I couldn't in good conscience sell eggs or chicks till I see what mine will produce plus I want to increase my numbers and I want to keep only the best of the offspring. I'd be looking to sell probably in 12 months, by then I'll have picked out the ones I want to carry over next winter. I suspect spare POL pullets wouldn't be hard to sell.
lol.png

Hi Dick!

I realized that I omitted them too... right after I hit post! I can't edit the poll itself, so I'll add that to my first post.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom