The dreaded x-ray machine!

kelz1004

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Does anyone really know the effects of the x-ray machine on eggs.

I just got an order of eggs and even though I reminded our stockroom guys (who are usually really great) the new person forgot and x-rayed my eggs.
sad.png

I am so upset about it, they are peacock eggs and there's only two of them. She wants to pay for the eggs if they don't hatch but I can't have her do that. Lord knows what else could have happened to the eggs.

Anyway, what do you think it could do to the eggs?
tongue.png

i tried to look up online and see if it gave any info but it didnt. i have no idea what it would do. radiation poisoning maybe ? lol i really have no clue hopefully someone else will help better

Quote:
LOL ... if they weren't insulated in lead sheet, the insulation makes no difference.

The amount of X-Rays they received will determine if they were damaged or not. Set them, and see what happens.

Worst case is that they won't hatch .... if they do, they are likely to be fine.
smile.png

It is a problem for sure. I mark egg boxes with the LIVE EMBRYO stickers that you get from a vet for semen shipment and embryo transfers. Or at least mark that on the box, it works better than hatching eggs, people just don't get that.

I agree, lead would have been the only protection and the dose will determine the damage. However your right, as you have no idea if they were damaged before that you will never know why for sure if they don't hatch.

They were really WELL marked and very well packed. It was just a case of people being in a hurry and not reading the boxes. I do plan on setting them no matter what. I've got them sitting upright in the box resting.

Made me feel sick.
sad.png
I was so excited about these eggs!
tongue.png

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom