1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Duck Feet Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jducour, Oct 20, 2015.

1. jducour

jducour Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    I have a crazy idea - let's have everyone share their duck feet! There seems to be such a surprising amount of foot related problems with domestic ducks, I think it would be nice to take a minute and snap a picture of our duck's feet to share with the world [​IMG]

So - let's see it all - the beautiful, the gross, the scabby little webbies we all love. Let's be more aware of one of the most important parts on a ducks body, and one of the most treatable problems if caught early. I'll go first. I only have pictures of two of my ducks feet right now, I'm actually excited to get more. I know, I'm a dork. The two girls were adopted at 8 months old, and had some minor foot issues from being on hot hard packed earth all day, and no pond. Here we have Julia first, then Rosa -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't had to do any treatments yet, they are already doing much better after moving to cool grass and a pond.

Now it's your turn. Turn your ducks over and snap a pic for us. Let's see what we can find!

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    I love this idea! I don't have any ducks, but I think that your pictures are so cute! LOL!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I love duck feet[or webbs as Julie Bird call them] [​IMG]

4. jducour

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    Ha! @Ameraucanas I wouldn't say these are cute duck feet, maybe the tops are cuter than the bottoms to me?

@Miss Lydia - Then let's see some duck feet! You have muscovies, right? I've always wondered how much bigger their claws are.

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'll see what I can do. [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I love the idea of a thread dedicated to duck feet!

-Kathy

8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Well, I have to show off my Opie's striped feet. I'll try to get a pic tonight of what they look like now. I can still see the stripes now (as long as they aren't too muddy!) but they have faded quite a bit.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. jducour

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    Those are some nice little webbies! Pretty healthy feet for 4 years old, I'm impressed. It is interesting to see the claw difference between the two breeds too. Those are some talons! And I love how just one nail is dark. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  10. jducour

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    I love toe stripes! They are the best!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by