1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Duck story coop

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by farm316, Apr 1, 2015.

1. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    ya'll havw some cool stories of your ducks? Come along and see what u got. pics are awesome

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    here are two of my ducks, Max (the Khaki Campbell) and Molly (the Rouen). I rescued them along with 11 chickens. The had no water to dip their bills all they way in and no food either. The coop had not been cleaned in months, and the owners stopped collecting eggs...i swear, there had to be around 100 eggs filling the nest boxes and floor. i brought them home and they had no idea what to do with water...took them awhile to figure out they could splash it on their head. a couple weeks after i brought them home a very bold fox attacked will i was outside working and they were enjoying some free range time. The fox tore a huge gash in max's chest and he spent 3 weeks inside but he recovered and is doing good. :)
    [​IMG]

I just got a bunch of ducklings, i will try to get some pics of them to post if you want :)

3. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    Aww.. How sweet of you to pick them up and take care of them,
    Even though a fox gashed his chest doesn't mean that it took his soul:)

Duckling pictures are so cool:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by