The Duckling's Big Day *with pic's*

ella

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Aboard the the Heart of Gold
The Buff Ducklings are getting so big and the weather was so nice last weekend, we took a field trip to the little pond!

See how big?
5-10-07097.jpg

After getting our feet wet...
yaypond.jpg

And cruising around a little...
bowwave.jpg

bravegirl.jpg

We got to eat some algae! Yum!
snorkle.jpg

The little boy thinks he can fly...
Icanfly.jpg

But I don't think so
wink.png

We also got to see what's under water!
snorkley.jpg

All I know is it's a good thing we're getting so big, because it's a Biiiig world out there!
Biiiiigworld.jpg

Very cute and excellent job on the photo's. That was a great last shot there. I also really like the lighting in the first shot, how did you train them to pose for you
tongue.png

big_smile.png

they are so precious.

how is it that they wont run away from you?
ive never raised ducks, so im not quite sure how the imprinting works, if it even does.

Glad you all like the photo's.
big_smile.png
The trick is to have a good digital camera and memory card and take HUNDREDS of pictures! I took 137 pics that day and deleted all but about 20. Ducklings and chicks are especially hard to photograph because they move so fast!

Boy, have they grown up since last weekend, they've doubled in size again and they're getting their feathers. And today I heard the first little half-quack, not quite a real quack, but certainly not a peep! Very cute.

I'm not really sure how the imprinting works either- it's kind of like falling in love- it's hard to define. On the drive home from the feed store with the ducklings I was talking to them and sheltering them in my hand and the little girl looked up at me with this particular look, that was it. Since then they cry when I'm out of sight and follow me around.

Here is a picture of 'the look' from the duckling on the left.
thelook.jpg

I've gotten the same look from various chickens as well, and they are now the friendliest and will come jump on my lap whenever they see me.
lol.png

So cute! I can't say it enough!
I have my 3 year old on my lap toshow pictures, and asked her which one she wanted to buy!
lol.png

She made sure to pick a picture with TWO ducks - she said she wanted TWO not just the one!
lol.png

(she doens't yet know you can buy them by the 10's if you want)
lol.png

Those are the sweetiest pictures - please post MORE MORE MORE!

Back
Top Bottom