1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The early to bed gets the best roost

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kelliepulido, Aug 10, 2011.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    They all head in early to get choose spots and it is very loud.Sometimes somebody falls off and it starts over all the bickering[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Very cute! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    That's quite the assortment! They can really make some noise before settling for the night, can't they?

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Yep. Every night. It can be an established flock that hasn't had any additions for a year or more but every night it's going to be bicker and squabble over who gets what spot. And those old hens can be mighty pushy about it too! More than once I've seen the boss rooster on the second roost down because the old biddies won't let him on the top bar.

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    A.T. Hagan :

Yep. Every night. It can be an established flock that hasn't had any additions for a year or more but every night it's going to be bicker and squabble over who gets what spot. And those old hens can be mighty pushy about it too! More than once I've seen the boss rooster on the second roost down because the old biddies won't let him on the top bar.

[​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How cute!! [​IMG]

7. akcharlie1960

akcharlie1960 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Chugiak, Alaska
    I love listening to the pre-sleep chattering. Reminds me of my brother and I in our bunkbed as kids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by