The Egg Turner...ooops!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by worryhorse, May 14, 2011.

1. worryhorse

worryhorse Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2010
    I am new to this whole chicken thing and very much enjoying the experience. This is my third time to put eggs in the incubator. In fact, these are eggs from the resulting chicks from my first batch. My question...Three days prior to placing eggs in the incubator, I plugged it in so that I could regulate the temp (99.5). I had it all set up and ready to go with the egg turner and full of water. But I had not plugged in the turner just yet. I put the eggs in last Friday. Yesterday afternoon the temp increased up to 102. So I adjusted it down. Last night, concerned about the temp peaking, I decided to candle a couple of the eggs. There were plenty of veins, and even had the slightest movement in the dot. [​IMG] But as I went to close the lid, I happened to look at the cords and realized that I had never plugged in the egg turner. Do you think that it will have any serious impact this early in the game? It's been 7 days exactly. It seems like so little time, but I do realize that it is a third of the way. I am hoping that I have not made a critical mistake for these little guys.

2. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Nope - another person on this forum forgot completely and 21 days later had a great hatch, still it is not advised! [​IMG]

3. worryhorse

worryhorse Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2010
    Very good. Thank you for your reply. I will defintely be more careful about that in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by