The egg waiting game continues

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nakstk, Dec 1, 2011.

1. nakstk

nakstk Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    Kalama, Washington
    My hubby says I am getting obsessed over the FIRST egg. lol I am beginning to think me checking for an egg every hour is distracting the hens. They're 21 weeks old now and it feels like I have been waiting forever for this new wonderful experience.

2. jbs

jbs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Maryland
    Mine are 21 weeks as well and no eggs here either. Two of my Barred Rocks have been squatting for a week or so, but I don't feel like I can heat up the frying pan yet. Winter is setting in here and I'm wondering if that will delay them.

3. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    I'd love to tell you it gets better, but it's been three months, I've had probably hundreds of eggs, and I'm still checking every hour. I'm convinced one of my hens gives up after the second check...

4. nakstk

nakstk Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    Kalama, Washington
    I am okay with being a crazy chicken lady that checks for eggs all the time. They are just SO much fun and they have such great and different personalities everyone is unique. Well to me they are, my boys and hubby cant really tell them apart.

5. SilverMoon

SilverMoon Out Of The Brooder

I think its normal for all first timers to be so anxious in waiting for eggs. Its eggciting tehe to imagine the first egg let alone future egg layings. I hope it comes soon enough. We have a long ways to wait here I think and its getting a little antsy lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by