The eggs are HERE and the egg turner isn't! :(

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Ok, I got my eggs today and what a surprise I ordered 12 and the lady gave me 5 extras so now I got 17 eggs in a egg carton coming to room temp. But theres a down side. I also ordered a egg turner wendsday but has not shown up yet!. :mad: I was suppose to put the eggs in tommrow but I can't cause the egg turner won't be there (And won't be able to be shipped tommrow due to tommorow is sunday!) so my eggs will be waiting all day and all tommrow until monday when I hopefully get the egg turner. Is it all right if they wait that long in there egg carton will this affect the hatch rate!?.

Can't you put them in when planned and turn by hand till the turner arrives?

Another option, if there's room in your bator, would be to remove the top of the egg carton and put it in the bator. Then take a 2x4 and put it under one end of the bator switching it around to the other side several times during the day. This will raise the eggs back and forth (I hope this makes sense) much like a turner does and you won't have to open the bator letting heat and humidity out.

I really will be interested to see the answers. I had bought a new turner but still have my brother in laws. I like his better because the little holders keep coming out of the new one. My BIL's is like the picture of Speckled Hens. Can I quickly change turners after a day of having them in the other turner?

Thanks,

jackie

Jackie, sure. Just take the eggs out, lay them on something soft, change turners, put the eggs back in and crank up the bator. It's no different than a broody getting off her nest to eat & drink for half an hour. The eggs will be fine.

Sure, they will be fine. The hen takes 12 to 24 days to lay the 12 or so eggs she usually sets on when she is doing it all by herself. a couple days won't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom