the EGGS are here!!! ......now what?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blueberrychickens, Feb 2, 2012.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Songster

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    The eggs are here,[​IMG] the eggs are here!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fragile....must be Italian!

[​IMG]
    Hmmm....they must be in here somewhere?? Lots & lots of packing material!
    [​IMG]
    Ah ha!! I found them!! Each egg is individually wrapped in a paper towel & tucked safely into an egg carton w/ more paper shreddings, then all taped together, nice & sound!
    [​IMG]

Shipped on Tues from TX, arrived on Thurs in MA, all eggs are intact, none are broken!! As you can see they were packaged very well. Now they are *resting* small pointed end down for a few hours before going in the incubator, which is up & running & at temp of 99-100 degrees. Is there anything else I should do besides breathe??? So would today be day 1 or is tmrw day 1????
    So eggsited!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

2. is this your first batch? I'm gonna hatch this year too!! my first time, but i have to wait till the 24 [​IMG]but still! I'm so excited out of my mind!! have fun!

3. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    yes, first time hatching, just got the incubator on Tues!! I got a hovabator genesis, what do you have?

4. Make sure your eggs are at room temp and let them set on the counter for 8 -12 hours before placing the in the incubator. Goof luck! Make sure you post pictures when they hatch!

5. HOMEBODY12

HOMEBODY12 In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    I was afraid to order eggs, thanks for the photos that helps me see how they are packaged. May try to do a swap now that I have seen the packaging.

6. i don't have one yet, but I'm gonna get one soon! if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it and how much did it cost? I'm trying to compare prices with lots of places so i can get one soon!!

7. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    I ordered it right from the manufacturer & I got the egg turner too, paid just under $200 w/ shipping. gqfmfg.com Good luck!

8. ok thank you! i think I'm gonna get it though from strombergschickens.com who has it with a turner for $114. it on sale right now, and when its not its $145 or something. but thanks anyways!! i hope your chicks hatch!!

9. oh it wasn't even the same thing never mind!![​IMG]

10. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Good luck!![​IMG] I have silkies hatching on the 18th and this will be my second time hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by