1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Eggs are Rockin' and Rollin' in the Incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CourtsChicks, Nov 18, 2015.

1. CourtsChicks

CourtsChicks New Egg

Oct 30, 2015
    Hello all!
    I'm hatching eggs with my class and we are on Day 19! A couple of my students were observing the eggs this morning and noticed they were rocking back and forth (not too much but enough to notice)...we are so excited! Just wanted to share with you all! This is my first experience with hatching/chicks so it's like Christmas morning to me too! :) Any advice you'd like to give, I'm listening! What I already have: a brooder, food, waterer, feeder...I will be keeping the pullets and if there are cockrels, they will go back to the lovely farmer I got the eggs from. I have a coop as well for when they are ready to go outdoors. I'm ready to be a backyard chicken farmer! :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom Premium Member

Awww how cool. The kids are going to love that. Sounds like you have everything you need. Keep the chicks warm and dry. You should be fine!!!

3. Newchics

Newchics Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2014
    Adkins, Texas
    Congrats. You'll be hooked [​IMG]

The kids that ride my school bus remember hatching eggs fondly. It's one of the best things they remember from school and I have ages 4-18. So glad they get to experience it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by