The ends of my ducks wing is bleeding.

Picture would be helpful as said above.

-Did you give her a full body exam to ensure it wasn't a predator attack, mites, lice etc.?

-How big is your setup and have you seen any of the females bullying? (Minimal space can cause feather picking as well as some females can be aggressive)

-Is there anything she could have caught herself on in your setup?

-What are you feeding them? (Feather plucking can be caused by nutrient deficiencies).

20211111_164757.jpg

Attachments

• 20211111_164721.jpg
    20211111_164721.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 4
We have 3 incubators, 2 small brooder and a huge fish tank (Quackers sleeps there), that's in our bedroom.
We have 2 big brooder outside above the tractor. There's a 2 story coup fenced off for sleeping. Other than that they free range in the front yard.
All their food come from Petsock.
Clean coups. No fighting. Drakes out the back with his girls and chickens.
We're in town so no predators, 6 foot fence right round, heaps of fruit trees to stay hidden. We are planning to move to our farm soon.

Holy cow! Those are some sharp feather shafts! I wonder if you could just trim the edge of the shaft to remove the edge? I've not seen anything like that, and I'm not the most experienced duckie person, so maybe others have input???

And living in the city doesn't mean no predators. My mom lives in Los Angeles, and coyotes are a huge problem! They take peoples dogs and cats regularly. And when I lived in Sacramento, we had to protect our flock from stray dogs, cats, coyotes, raccoons, possum, and hawks (Red Tailed and Coopers). I'm sure you know what's in your area, but I thought I'd mention it. You are really fortunate if you really don't have any of these predators where you live! I'm jealous...

Back
Top Bottom