1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

the existing flock and soon to be new members

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JDK123, Mar 7, 2013.

1. JDK123

JDK123 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Meansville georgia
    This is a few pictures of our girls that are currently laying. I know the two dark ones are indian game but not sure about the other two. These were given to us by a family friend that has raised chickens his entire life. The last picture is the new babies that we are adding to the flock. We have 6 RR, 6 BR and 6 JG that are now 4 seeks old. As you can see in a few of the pictures we have started the next chicken house for the new members.

As normal we started out with the four and that was all we were going to have, well that didnt last long at all as we are now planning to add more after the current batch in the brooder comes out. Looks like my weekedns will be full of chickens and chicken house building for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Yes, chicken flocks have a way of growing. They call it chicken math here on the forum.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Very, very nice! Yep, chicken math it is! [​IMG]

4. JDK123

JDK123 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Meansville georgia
    Already looking to add 25 new girsl after the babies are good to go outside.

5. LoveChickens123

LoveChickens123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow you got a lot like me !!!!

I got 13!!!! and [​IMG] Hope you like it here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by